Blue Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ed and Chet in the Double R

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ed and Chet in the Double R Empty Ed and Chet in the Double R

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:20 am

Ed Hurley pulls his truck in front of the RR Diner and walks in, holding the door open for Chet. He smiles at Norma who returns his smile.
"Hey there, sugar," he says, drawing up a chair.
Norma walks up, flips both coffee cups over and fills them both.
"Hello, Ed," she says. "Who's your friend?"
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

https://bluerose.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Ed and Chet in the Double R Empty Re: Ed and Chet in the Double R

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:28 am

Chet couldn't recognize any of the environment from the gas station to the diner. He had no luck with the diner or anyone inside either.
A very pretty blonde waitress was pouring him and Ed some coffee, she and Ed seemed to be really close. By the way they smiled at each other, they even seemed like lovers. He didn't know how he could know so much about these people only looking at their reactions.
The blonde asked Ed about him and looked at him smiling.
"Well, I'm just passing by. This is a very nice town", he said, smiling back at her.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:31 am

"Well, actually I haven't caught his name yet," Ed says, taking a drink.
"So what can I get you boys?" she asks, smiling at them. "I'm Norma, by the way."
"Two eggs, sunny side up, extra sausage and an order of your flapjacks."
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:36 am

"Same for me Norma, pleased to meet you. I'm...John, by the way".
It was just the first name that came inside his head.
Chet drinked his coffee and felt goosebumps all over his body. It was like to be drinking water after so many days lost in the desert. He couldn't tell if he just liked coffee so much, or Norma's coffee was just memorable.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 am

Ed grins at the expression on Chet's face.
"Yeah, I think Norma's coffee could probably end wars," he says, laughing a bit.

A group of construction workers from the bank job come in and take two booths. Shelley walks over to take care of them.

"So, John. What brings you to town? You do seem a little out of sorts."
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:58 am

Chet thought about Ed's question for a bit.

"Well, I'm just really into hiking, and this town has a really beautiful environment for that. I just couldn't get enough of those trees. I never heard of this place before. I guess it's a pretty random town, isn't it?"

That's it. Maybe he could get some answers just doing simple questions.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:02 am

"I suppose it is a pretty random town. Pretty quiet, laid back. We've had our share of excitement lately, what with the mill burning down and the bank blowing up. But usually it's quiet," Ed says.

Norma returns with their food and places it in front of them.

"Don't forget to save a little room left for afters."
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 am

Chet thanked Norma for the food and turned to Ed, a little surprised.

"Mill burning? Bank blowing up? I would never relate those things with this town. It seems so quiet and peaceful. Maybe I just got here on a quiet day then", he smiled.

He thought about what Ed said. Could his memory loss be related to those accidents? Perhaps. He needed to know more.

"I'm a little curious now. Tell me more about that", he said, starting to eat his food.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:24 am

"Not much to tell," he says, eating a sausage. "The owners of the mill haven't reported anything other than an accident, at least not to me. The bank, well... that just happened and no one knows anything yet. We still don't know who all has been injured or killed."

Norma comes by and tops of both of their coffees. Ed attacks his pancakes.

"Things got a little strange here recently, but hopefully they'll return to normal soon."
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:26 am

"I see. But what do you mean strange? What else has been happening here, out of the ordinary?"

Chet almost forgot about his worries when he tasted the food. He also didn't know if he was too hungry or if the food there was just amazing. Probably both.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:30 am

"Well, this has always been a quiet town, for the most part. Occasionally we get our story-worthy moments, but usually it's just business as usual. But these past several weeks have been a bit difficult. We had two local students attacked, one died. A few other people wound up injured, or dead. The mill fire, the bank. Seems like we got about a century's worth of strangeness all at once. Had the FBI crawling around here for a while-" he stops and focuses more on his food.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:40 am

"That's terrible. I thought this kind of thing only happened in the big cities".

Murder, FBI, accidents, explosion, could he really be related to any of that? Maybe he didn't wanted to find out what happened to him, what led him to that place. Chet was afraid of what he might end up discovering.
"Maybe I'm good just being John", he thought, eating his food.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:46 am

"Oh that kind of stuff happens everywhere. You hear about it from time to time. Every town has it's bad times, it's just we went through all of ours in one whack. I got a cousin up in Maine who swears these things happen in cycles." Ed finishes his food and Norma comes to clear away the plates.
"Norma, could I get a slice of whichever pie you have ready and one last coffee?"
"Sure thing, Ed," she says. "How about you, John?"
"Don't pass up a chance on the pie," Ed says.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:50 am

"Sure, I'd love a piece, the food so far is amazing Norma" he said smiling.

It wasn't until he started eating that he realized how hungry he was. He could eat a lot more, but since it was Ed's treat, he wouldn't abuse of his kindness.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:55 am

Two slices of huckleberry pie each with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream arrive. Ed takes his time with his.

"So, John, where are you from, what brings you to town and how long are you staying?"

The foreman of the work crew pays the tab and seems to be conducting some business with Norma. A few moments later the two other waitresses arrive carrying large paper sacks of sandwiches, pies and side dishes for the crew's lunch.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:13 pm

The pie with ice cream was just delicious. Chet couldn't stop eating until his plate was completely clean.

"Man, I think this is my new favorite place for food. I think I'll be staying in town for a while, so that I can eat my breakfast here everyday", he smiled.

Ed then made the question that he didn't know how to answer. He overheard one of the waitresses talking to a couple seating in a booth next to them "You got it, the best cherry pie of the whole state of Washington".
Washington, we're in Washington then. A place with plenty of trees, kind of cold in the morning....

"Well, I'm from Seattle. Like I said, I'm just passing by, but I'm free to stay around here for a while, which I think I will. The trees around here, it's a really beautiful place".
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:57 pm

"This is a nice town and Norma here is a great cook," Ed agrees. "Got any place lined up to stay, yet?"
Ed polishes off his pie and mops up the last bit of ice cream.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:55 pm

"Not yet, I just got here. Your gas station was my first stop. But maybe you can recommend me a nice cheap place to stay, for a few days".

Chet saw another waitress passing by them, this one had dark hair and used a pony tail. She was very beautiful too. Chet wondered if all the local girls were as pretty as the ones that worked on that diner.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:59 pm

"Well, you could stay at the Great Northern. The prices are pretty good. I have a friend who stayed there for a couple months. But if you're looking to save some cash, my nephew is out of town for a while, you can stay in his room until you find a place," he says, finishing up his coffee.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:45 pm

"Yeah, well, I think I'm a little pretty short on cash, so it'd be great if I could stay at your nephew's room. But don't worry, I'm guessing it won't be for long. I'd hate to cause you any kind of trouble".

Chet actually had no money. He hadn't figured out what he'd do to eat or sleep around there. When he was walking in the woods, just before dawn, he sat down under a tree for a bit to take his breath and then decided to check his pockets, to see if he could find anything that could help him trace his identity. There was nothing in his pockets. No money, no ID, no wallet, nothing.
Ed was really helping him. He decided he would have to tell him what was going on.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Ed smiles at him.
"We all get a little down on our luck, and no offence, but it looks like you could use a bit of luck or a friendly hand, John," he says.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:21 am

"You're really not kidding".

Chet looked around to see if anyone was paying attention to their talk. No one was. Then, he looked at Ed, took a deep breath and started to say.

"Ed, I need to tell you something, but it has to stay strictly between us. You can't say to anyone, at least for now. Can you keep a secret?"
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:25 am

"Well, unless it'll get myself or my family and friends into danger, I suppose, yes, yes I can," Ed says.
Norma starts to walk over to refill the two men's coffee cup, but Ed holds up his hand and gives her a quick look. She nods as if she understands and walks off to check up on the other patrons.

"So what's on your mind?"
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:06 pm

"That's the problem Ed, I really don't know if I can be some kind of danger. I don't know if it's really safe to be around me".

He made a pause and looked at Ed's puzzled face, and then continued.

"I've been lying to you. My name is not John, i'm not from Seattle, i'm not into hiking. I just woke up in the middle of the woods. I don't know how I got there, I can't remember. I can't remember my own name or where I'm from. I'm completely lost. I'm sorry if I lied, I just wasn't sure who I could trust. And now you talked about those felonies that happened recently around here, and now here I am. I'm afraid of what I might end up discovering about me. About me being in this place".
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Ed just takes this all in.
"Well, that certainly is a helluva story. I tell you what. The offer still stands, but I want you to talk to someone for me. He's the local sheriff, but don't worry. He's got a good heart and an open mind. Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta get back to work. I live in the house next to my station. Norma and I are planning on having dinner around 7:00, we'll set an extra place for you," he says.

Ed stands up, gives Chet a firm hand shake and settles the bill, giving Norma a quick kiss before heading back to the station.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum