Blue Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Car, No Gas, No Name

2 posters

Go down

No Car, No Gas, No Name Empty No Car, No Gas, No Name

Post  mrdesmond Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:21 pm

Chet kept walking. The sun was already showing its light but there was a big fog coming from the trees. It was cold and the sky was gloomy.
He finally saw an estabilishment. A local gas station with a very modest house on its back loft. He read the sign "Big Ed's Gas Farm". The place was quiet, it didn't seem like there was anyone around, but the lights inside the station were on. He saw someone moving inside.
That place wasn't bringing anything familiar to his view. He couldn't remember anything regarding that gas station, or any gas station.
He looked around. Same thing about the little house in the back. "The owner probably lives there. It must be nice to live only a few feet from your work", he suddenly thought, but didn't know exactly what that meant.
A man suddenly came out of the station. He was very tall and thin. Dark short hair. Looked like a farmer by his clothing. He was carrying something in one hand. He looked sort of surprised to see someone there.
"It must be too early for movement around here", Chet thought, and then stuck with that in his head. "Too early...it's too early...", something about that expression had something to do with him. But what?

Last edited by mrdesmond on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

No Car, No Gas, No Name Empty Re: No Car, No Gas, No Name

Post  Blue Rose Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Ed Hurley looks over the disheveled gentleman walking around his establishment. He reaches into the cooler and grabs a coke. He walks outside and up to him, offering the soda.

"Look a little lost, friend. Can I help you?" he asks.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

https://bluerose.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Chet just looked at the soda the man was offering him. He was thirsty, but didn't felt like drinking that. Maybe some water?
"Yes, can I have some water please?", he just asked.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:54 pm

"Sure thing," he says.
He leads Chet inside and shows him the water cooler and disposable cups.
"Are you alright?" he asks. "Need a hand? Phone's right there if you need to call someone."
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Chet really didn't know what to say. He knew, but didn't know if it was a good idea.
He looked at the phone. Thought about calling 911 and ask for help. "No, not yet, just take a walk around town. Maybe I can find someone that can recognize me and tell me what the hell is going on. I must be a local, how could I have ended up here otherwise?"
He reached for one disposable cup and filled with water. "Thanks, just the water will be fine, and some information", he said.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 pm

"You look a bit out of sorts, fella. Listen, I'm about to take a break and go grab some breakfast. How'd you feel about riding up with me to the local diner and grabbing a bite to eat? Breakfast is on me," Ed says, washing his hands and drying them on a hanging towel. He finishes the coke and tosses the empty in the trash.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 pm

Chet took his water then threw the disposable cup in the trash.
He was feeling kind of hungry, and it was a good idea to get a ride. He wouldn't have to walk, after all.
"That'd be nice, thank you, I really appreciate. Are you Big Ed? From the sign out there?"
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Rose Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:00 am

Ed drops the towel near the sink and shakes his hand.
"Yeah, that's me. Just call me Ed, everyone ones. Now what do you say we get some breakfast?"
He grins at Sam and starts walking out to the truck.
Blue Rose
Blue Rose
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrdesmond Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 am

"Sure, some breakfast would be nice. I really appreciate this Ed".
He wasn't sure if he should get inside that truck. Something inside him was saying he was too vulnerable to be so trusty with strangers. But the guy seemed harmless, and, what the hell, he was getting a free meal and a chance to see more of the town on heels.
Chet joined Ed inside his truck.
mrdesmond
mrdesmond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum